Monday, January 17, 2011

Government Programs

I do not know much about the government or government agencies, particularly because it does not interest me.  Now I could sit here and make funny jokes like we should get rid of all Healthcare because its making people live longer, and therefore facilitating our populations rocket climb towards its carrying capacity, but to seriously attempt to answer this question, in my personal opinion, I would have to say the government should decrease funding towards military departments. Cutting this program entirely would be stupid, for our safety as a country, but in my little knowledge about what is currently going on it seems like the money could be spent more efficiently. 
One area the government funds that could be bother maintained and expanded is the protection of wildlife areas, in particular the flora in those areas. I feel like plants are often overlooked when it comes to conservancy, but are much more important to our planet than something like the Bald Eagle or the American Alligator, which have been helped extensively.  If those tertiary fauna were lost something would come in to replace them, not perfectly but it would work(interspecific competition would indeed change), but if you take out the bottom (flora) it would topple like a pigs fortress in Angry Birds. This is just something that interests me and I would like to see our government do more to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment